Recorded Webinar - Cost Share Programs through NRCS (Grower)
Did you know that technical and financial assistance programs are available to grape growers who implement sound conservation practices on their farms?
The Vineyard Team hosted a FREE live webinar with Margy Lindquist from the Natural Resource Conservation Services (NRCS) on Thursday, September 5th, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. The webinar highlighted information on NRCS technical assistance including conservation planning assistance (including SIP certification plans) and site consultations for issues such as roadways, erosion control, and permits for proposed projects.
The NRCS also coordinates financial assistance programs such as the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) and the Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP). Common farm practices that are eligible for cost share assistance include:
- Cover cropping
- Irrigation water management & efficiency
- Irrigation system upgrades (including frost control and flow meters)
- Access roads, buffers and filter strips
- Wildlife habitat improvements, hedgerows
- IPM practices (i.e. adoption of programs for grapes)