Effective Vineyard Spraying - Santa Maria(Grower)
5250 Tepusquet Rd.,Santa Maria, CA 93454
Effective Vineyard Spraying with Dr Andrew Landers
PLEASE REGISTER ONSITE
- We'll start indoors at Byron Winery, 5250 Tepusquet Rd.,Santa Maria, CA 93454 at 9:00, Follow the signs to the winery building.
- Then we'll move down to Riverbench at 6020 Foxen Canyon Rd.
- We will be outside in the afternoon, so dress appropriately.
Presented by and lunch provided by Bayer CropScience
Vineyard Team is collaborating with Bayer CropScience to bring Dr. Andrew Landers of Cornell University, author of the book Effective Vineyard Spraying for a series of in-depth training courses on better spray application techniques. This workshop will be split between the field and classroom to best demonstrate spraying techniques and technologies that will improve spray deposition, reduce off-target drift, help reduce pesticide use, and show you how to modernize your existing sprayer.
Dr. Landers has graciously agreed to continue teaching after lunch so growers can get the most education possible. End time TBD.
John Roncoroni will talk about herbicide sprayers and Larry Betiga will talk about common problems seen in the field related to poor sprayer calibration.
Objectives of this workshop are:
Improve your knowledge of spraying techniques leading to better deposition and less drift
Improve your timeliness of application resulting in better disease and insect control
Reduce off-target drift keeping you within the law
Show you how to modernize your existing sprayer
Inform you of new developments in sprayer design keeping you up-to-date
Help you potentially reduce pesticide use by 30% - 40%, improving your profitability
- Dr Andrew Landers, Director, Effective Spraying, Bluff Point & Faculty Fellow, Atkinson Centre for a Sustainable Future, Cornell University
- John Roncoroni, UCCE Weed Science Farm Advisor
- Larry Bettiga, UCCE Viticulture Farm Advisor Monterey, Santa Cruz, and San Benito counties
SIP Certified® Standards:
The content of this tailgate meeting applies to SIP Certified® Standards 7.1.1, 7.1.14, & 9.1.3
3.0 DPR CEU (Other) and 3.0 CCA CEUs (Pest Management) approved
Free for Members / $30 for Non-Members