California Wine Month(Consumer)
Were you aware that the wine industry’s most vocal and dedicated cheerleaders, supporters, promoters and investors are our 260,000 neighbors living within the 3,316 square miles that constitute San Luis Obispo County?
Now in its sixth year, California Wine Month (a program spearheaded by Wine Institute) is a month-long promotion in September that celebrates California’s wine industry through promotions, public relations and partnerships with the state’s regional associations. In 2010, the Wine Alliance, in partnership with the Central Coast Vineyard Team, San Luis Obispo Vintners Association and the San Luis Obispo County Visitors and Conference Bureau encourages wineries and hospitality partners to host various promotions in recognition of California Wine Month throughout September targeting the San Luis Obispo County community.
Held each September, the month-long statewide California Wine Month promotion was created to raise awareness of California wines and celebrate the state’s diversity. Bringing the promotion home to San Luis Obispo County is designed to foster local pride; educate neighbors about our sustainable farming practices; and to invite the local community to join the industry in toasting the 2010 vintage.
Wineries and vineyards along with Hospitality partners are invited to participate in California Wine Month by creating promotions to leverage the month-long celebration. Some ideas may include:
• Complimentary wine tasting for SLO County residents.
• Month-long wine specials for locals.
• Special vineyard tours to celebrate harvest.
• Special winery tours to experience crush.
• Eco-friendly tours to showcase sustainable farming practices in the vineyard and in the winery.
• Wine club specific promotions which extends beyond the local community
• Special Discounts on wine flights, tours, wine, winemaker dinners, etc.
• Restaurant and retail partnerships in recognition of California Wine Month (i.e., in store tastings, wine flight specials, etc.)
Local events, promotions and programs in support of California Wine Month will be marketed through the various organization Web sites, special E-blasts to locals, E-Marketing, press releases, local advertising (Tribune, Paso Robles Press, AGM Radio, New Times, and Tolosa Press) and social networking.
For more information on California Wine Month, visit www.discovercaliforniawine.com.