Congratulations, 2023 Green Medal Winners
Congratulations to the four California wineries that were awarded this year's California Green Medal Sustainable Winegrowing Leadership Awards. They are recognized for implementing sustainable practices in the following categories:
- Treasury Americas, Leader Award
- For excelling in the three "E's" of sustainability -- Environmentally sound, socially Equitable, and Economically viable practices.
- Tablas Creek Vineyard, Environment Award
- For demonstrating Environmental Stewardship through maximized environmental benefits.
- Niner Wine Estates, Business Award
- For demonstrating Smart Business through efficiencies, cost savings, and innovation.
- Cakebread Cellars, Community Award
- For being a Good Neighbor and Employer using the most innovative practices that enhance relations with employees, neighbors, and/or communities.
"The California Green Medal Awards shine a spotlight on wineries and vineyards that are excelling in sustainability. Their stories provide on-the-ground examples of how high-quality grapes and wine — at all price points — are grown and made while protecting the environment and enhancing quality of life for employees and communities."
- Allison Jordan, California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance’s (CSWA) Executive Director.
Vineyard Team is proud to have three of this year's recipients as members: Treasury Americas, Tablas Creek Vineyard, and Niner Wine Estates. Niner Wine Estates is also a SIP Certified Vineyard and was the first SIP Certified Winery.
Click here to read all of the details from California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance's press release.« Back to News Index