200: Doing Good for the Community & Business at Niner Wine Estates | Marketing Tip Monday
A successful business does more than sell a great product. Companies that embrace the Business value of sustainability treat their employees and the community with care and respect.
Welcome to Marketing Tip Monday with SIP Certified. We know customers are looking for wines labeled as sustainable. While our longer-form episodes help you learn about the latest science and research for the wine industry, these twice-monthly micro podcasts will help you share your dedication to sustainable winegrowing so you can show your customers that you share their values.
This is our 200th episode of Sustainable Winegrowing! Since 2016 we have spent over 700 hours researching the attest business trends and interviewing international experts so you can learn in the time it takes to drive in-between vineyards. Thank you to everyone who has helped make this program a success and to you for listening!
In addition to feeling good about doing good, businesses that practice corporate social responsibility also:
- Enhance customer loyalty and invite customers to share in the good feelings that come from good deeds (Forbes, 2022).
- Appeal to prospectus employees and strengthen current employees’ satisfaction and performance (CR Strategies, 2009).
- Expand their network and build their company image (Forbes, 2022).
Looking for ways to engage your brand with your community?
Listen in to learn how the whole team at Niner Wine Estates is involved in giving back.
Business at Niner Wine Estates
Sharing their prosperity with the community is one of the ways Niner Wine Estates embodies the Business value of sustainability.
Andrew Niner, President and CEO, is a board member of MUST! Charities, and believes in supporting the community through charitable donations.
Over the last 3 years, the Paso Robles, California based winery has donated an average of $245,000 annually to charities through a linked foundation.
Annual donations of $2,000 per employee go to a charity of the employee’s choice, and their own personal donations are matched by the company.
Staff are further involved in community support efforts through monthly meal preparations and servings to people experiencing food insecurity.
Niner Wine Estates actively engages in research to ensure the long-term sustainability of the natural resources they and their neighbors rely on.
They are participating in a study of local hydrology facilitated by the United States Geologic Survey. The project goal is to improve understanding of how water moves in the Adeladia Area water basin so that groundwater resources can be quantified and monitored.
Good for the Community, Good for Business
If you are looking for ways to get your brand involved with your community, here are a few ideas:
- Donate to local charity programs.
- Contribute goods/services to local events.
- Get involved with local soup kitchens by donating food or volunteering.
People want to support businesses that share their values.
Are you talking about how your brand values protect the people and the planet?
We are here to help you tell your customers how your brand protects natural and human resources with the Sustainable Story program.
This simple yet powerful free tool helps you tell your own personal sustainable message. And it just got better with a new online course. Go to the show notes, click the link titled Tell Your Sustainable Story to sign up, download the worksheet, watch the videos, and you are ready to tell your Sustainable Story!
Until next time, this is Sustainable Winegrowing with the Vineyard Team.
- *** Tell Your Sustainable Story Online Course ***
- Business: Niner Wine Estates
- Marketing Tips eNewsletter
- Safe Pest Management: Wolff Vineyards
- SIP Smart Training online course
- Sustainable Story Worksheet | Print
- Sustainable Story Worksheet | Electronic
- What's your Sustainable Story?
Vineyard Team Programs:
- Juan Nevarez Memorial Scholarship - Donate
- SIP Certified – Show your care for the people and planet
- Sustainable Ag Expo – The premiere winegrowing event of the year - $50 OFF with code PODCAST23
- Sustainable Winegrowing On-Demand (Western SARE) – Learn at your own pace
- Vineyard Team – Become a Member