37: New Methods for Estimating Vineyard Yield_Part 2
Jackie Dresser, Viticulture Extension Support Specialist at the Lake Erie Regional Grape Program talks about why estimating vineyard yields is so difficult and the methods she and her team are experimenting with to reach the Holy Grail of estimates that are within five percent of the final harvest. In part two of this two part interview, Jackie explores the golden question: how many samples and how big. She talks about how they sought a reasonable sample size and the future of crop estimation.
- Efficient Vineyard website
- Lake Erie Regional Grape Program website
- Predicting Harvest Yield in Juice and Winegrape Vineyards | Paolo Sabbatini, Imed Dami, G. Stanley Howell
- Theory and Assumptions Behind Sampling | Craig Macmillan
- Vineyard Yield Estimation | Brittany Kom & Michelle Moyer, WSU
Listen to the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.