40: The Fight Against Pierce’s Disease
Steve McIntyre, Owner, Monterey Pacific Inc. and Board Member, Pierce’s Disease/Glassy-winged Sharpshooter Board talks about the PD/GWSS Board, its function, and how the board works to reduce the impacts and spread of this disease. As chair of the PD/GWSS Board Research Screening Committee he works with other growers and scientists to decide what research to fund including an expanded mission to address Vine Mealybug and Brown Marmorated Stink Bug.
- 16: Managing Pierce’s Disease in Temecula Valley Vineyards | Matt Daugherty & Greg Pennyroyal
- 20: Dr. Mark Fuchs | Red Blotch Virus in Grapevines (Podcast)
- Monterey Pacific, Inc.
- Pierce’s Disease/Glassy-winged Sharpshooter Board
- Pierce’s Disease.org
- UC Statewide IPM Guidelines for Pierce’s Disease
- UC Statewide IPM Guideline for Sharpshooters (including GWSS)
Subscribe on Google Play, iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.