42: Farming with Wildlife
Halter Ranch comprises 281 acres of winegrapes, 15 acres of organic walnuts, and 3 acres of olives situated in 2,000 acres of oak woodland. This means wild animals are a consideration in farming activities year round. Vineyard Manger Lucas Pope and his team have found ways to co-exist with the native fauna including deer, coyotes, mountain lion, and rattlesnakes.
- 30: Managing the Landscape Around the Vineyard | Lino Bozzano (Podcast)
- Apex Predator (Slides) | Dr. David Headrick
- Critters Along the Creekside | Jodi Hilty
- Description of oak woodlands
- Halter Ranch
- Satellite photo of Halter Ranch
- SIP Certified
- Story about Justin Dellinger, the mountain biologist | San Luis Obispo Tribune
Subscribe on Google Play, iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources. If you're curious as to whether it works, read through this article as it will discuss the background and effectiveness of cbd oil for tooth infection USA .