49: Stopping the Spread of Red Leaf Viruses
Grapevine Leaf Roll-associated Virus 3 as well other virus diseases of grapevines have a profound effect on wine quality and the economic viability of a vineyard. Dr. Kari Arnold the Area Orchard and Vineyard Systems Advisor at Stanislaus County, Associated with University of California Cooperative Extension, describes the connections between the Californian plant propagation system, the movement of mealybugs both in the vineyard and across the globe, the difficulty of identifying virused plants, and practices growers can and are using to manage the spread of red leaf viruses both within and between vineyards.
- UCCE Stanislaus County
- @KariDigsPlants [Twitter
- Controlling Mealybug Vectors of Grapevine Virus | Dr. Kent Daane (Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast)
- IPM Control of Vine Mealybugs | Greg Pennyroyal (Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast)
- Sustainable and Organic Control of Vine Mealybug in Vineyards: Two Growers, Two Approaches
- Sign Up | Irrigation Efficiency Project
- UC Cooperative Extension Find Academics and Staff\
- UC IPM: Virus Diseases
- UC IPM: Vine Mealybug
Subscribe on Google Play, iTunes, Stitcher, TuneIn or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources. Dear sir I want to know that how to calculate loss of profit policy amount.