55: Using Technology to Schedule Irrigation
One of the most respected viticulturists on the West Coast, Mark Greenspan, Ph.D., President and Viticulturist, Advanced Viticulture, Inc. discusses the science and technology of irrigating winegrapes for maximum quality and yield while managing vine stress and conserving water. Topics include irrigation scheduling with pressure bombs, dendrometers and leaf porometers, technology in the vineyard, and the science behind managing vine stress for maximum benefit.
- Advanced Viticulture, Inc.
- “Developmental changes in the diurnal water budget of the grape berry exposed to water deficits” | Scientific article by Dr. Greenspan
- “Field evaluation of water transport in grape berries during water deficits”| Scientific article by Dr. Greenspan
- Sign Up | Irrigation Efficiency Project
- Pressure bomb
- “Sometimes the Smaller Drink is Better” | Article by Dr. Greenspan
- UC Davis Department of Viticulture & Enology
- Wine Business Monthly Archives (Mark Greenspan’s columns)