59: In Defense of Farming
Paul Crout, Agronomist, Helena AgriEnterprises and Vice-Chair, California Association of Pest Control Advisers, talks about the mismatch between farming and the perceptions and beliefs people have about agriculture. He touches on local, state, and national level means of education growers can be involved in and his own efforts to educate the public about what farmers do and do not and how that may differ from public perception.
- California Association of Pest Control Advisers
- California Farm Bureau Federation
- How to Maintain Good Neighbor Relations | Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast
- Paul’s LinkedIn page
- Sign Up | Irrigation Efficiency Project
- USDA New Farmers Program: Supporting Ag in Your Schools
Subscribe on Google Play, iHeartRADIO, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.