68: Viticulture Research from Washington State University with Dr. Moyer
Dr. Michelle Moyer, Washington State University Extension, and Associate Professor in the Department of Horticulture and Affiliate Faculty Member in the Department of Plant Pathology returns to the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast after her top rated presentation on the Goldilocks Principle & Powdery Mildew Management. In this interview she discusses recent research on integrated pest management for grapevine powdery mildew, how short term weather patterns impacts farming decisions, why clean plants may have made red blotch virus more detectable, controlling wine quality with water stress and “Farming by Excel” – how fewer people working in the field has increased growers reliance on data and technology.
- Goldilocks Principle & Powdery Mildew Management | Michelle Moyer (Podcast)
- Fungicide Resistance Assessment Mitigation and Extension Network (FRAME)
- Michelle Moyer, Washington State University
- Sustainable Ag Expo
- UC Davis Powdery Mildew Model
- UC Pest Management Guidelines
- Vineyard Nutrient Management in Washington State | Dr. Michelle Moyer, Dr. Stacy Singer, Dr. Joan Davenport, Gwen-Alyn Hoheisel
- Washington State University Viticulture and Enology
Subscribe on Google Play, iHeartRADIO, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.