75: A New Focus on Weed Management
John A. Roncoroni is the UC Cooperative Extension Weed Science Farm Advisor and UCIPM affiliate advisor in Napa County. In this podcast, John discusses his specialty; weed management in California’s Coastal and Foothill premium winegrape growing regions. He discussed why weeds should play a more important role in pest control programs, knowing which weeds you have on your property, fire mitigation, and the toughest weeds to control today.
John received both a BS in Environmental Policy Analysis and Planning, with an emphasis in Agriculture and an MS in Horticulture from UC Davis. He was a Staff Research Associate in the UC Davis Department of Plant sciences working in all aspects of weed management for 25 years.
- John Roncoroni
- MAINTAINING LONG-TERM MANAGEMENT: Herbicide-resistant weeds challenge some signature cropping systems
- Napa County UCCE
- Science and Controversy of Glyphosate | Dr. Scott Steinmaus (podcast)
- SIP Certified
- The Long View on Sustainable Winegrowing | Cliff Ohmart (podcast)
- University of California Integrated Pest Management Integrated Weed Management
- Vineyard Floor Management: Steel in the Field (video)
- Weed Management: Biology, Technology & Practice (tailgate)
Subscribe on Google Play, iHeartRADIO, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.