80: (Rebroadcast) The Goldilocks Principle & Powdery Mildew Management
Dr. Michelle Moyer, Assistant Professor and Statewide Viticulture Extension Specialist at Washington State University uses the age old fairytale of Goldilocks and the Three Bears to explain powdery mildew. Like Goldilocks, powdery mildew likes the weather conditions to be just right. Dr. Moyer explains these ideal conditions and two key ways to avoid disease in your vineyard by making things “not right”.
- 1: Bunch Rot with Larry Bettiga (podcast)
- 57: Wet Climate Viticulture | Fritz Westover (podcast)
- 79: Grapevine Fungal Diseases (podcast)
- Coincidence of maximum severity of powdery mildew on grape leaves and the carbohydrate sink-to-source transition
- Gubler-Thomas Model
- PMapp: A Mobile App for Assessing Grape Powdery Mildew
- UC Davis Powdery Mildew Model
- UC Pest Management Guidelines
Listen to the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.