113: Microbial Inoculants for Soil Health
A healthy soil has hundreds of different species of microbes while a depleted one may only have one dozen. A number of common viticulture practices are not conducive to a healthy soil biology so Dave Olson of Sustainable Growing Solutions is looking at how we can improve soil quality with microbes, ultimately improving plant quality. This process can be foliar with soil inoculations over time. Microbes do not colonize all at once so it important to add them over a period of time so that some will pave the way for others. Dave discusses the best time for applications and the importance of having an objective before trialing inoculants.
- 72: Soil Microbes and Nutrient Availability
- 112: How Deficit Irrigation Impacts Soil Quality
- David Olson | firstname.lastname@example.org | (916) 284-9706
- SIP Certified
- Sustainable Growing Solutions (website coming soon)
- Top 5 Soil Health Resources
- Vineyard Team's ‘Juan Navarez Memorial’ Scholarship
- Water and Nitrogen Use Webinar
Subscribe on Google Play, iHeartRADIO, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.