Vineyard Team Educational Scholarship
"I am extremely grateful for the Vineyard Team's generosity that supports college students such as myself in achieving our educational aspirations. This highly appreciated scholarship that I have had the honor to receive has undoubtedly made me one step closer towards making my future endeavors a reality.Thank you so much for making a significant difference in my life!" -- Evelyn Alvarez, 2017 Recipient
Help us reach our $25K goal for this year. We're almost there! 100% of donations are applied to scholarship funds.
Since its inception in 2015, the Vineyard Team Educational Scholarship has awarded $50,000 in funds for higher education. These scholarships help fund the college education of students who are the relatives of farm workers working for a Vineyard Team member organization. Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence, financial need and community involvement.
2018 marked the fourth year the Vineyard Team Educational Scholarship program. All 2018 recipients were graduating from high school or currently in college. All are first-generation college students. In total, $20,000 was awarded thanks to our local community.
- Evelyn Alvarez, Santa Maria - father is a tractor driver for Mesa Vineyard Management.
- Michelle Aguilar, Soledad - father is a truck driver for Monterey Pacific.
- Rodolfo Callado, Los Osos - father is a vineyard manager for Mesa Vineyard Management.
- Sandy & Refugio Garcia, King City - father is a vineyard manager for Mesa Vineyard Management.
- Aaron Hernandez, San Ardo - father is a general laborer for McIntyre Labor Services.
- Mel Jay Llanes, Delano - mother is a field worker for Sutter Home Vineyards.
- Sonia Montoya, Greenfield - father is a machine operator for Mesa Vineyard Management.
- Julissa Tinajero, Soledad - father is a vineyard worker at Hahn Family Wines.
" It is hard to help support five siblings, but it is why I try so hard and stay up late to study. It is why I do what I do."
Gabriela Garcia, 2017 Recipient
Please contact Kyle Beal Wommack at 805.466.2288 or email@example.com for more information.