4: Grapevine Trunk Diseases and Red Blotch Virus Management
Three winegrape growers share their specific, tried-and-true practices for preventing and managing Grapevine Trunk Diseases and the Red Blotch Virus. Topics include the logistics of pruning and dormant fungicide applications, trunk renewal, the economics of diseased vineyards, replanting, and the importance of virus-free plant material.
- Economic Hurdles to Early Adoption of Grapevine Trunk Disease Preventative Practices - Dr. Jonathan Kaplan
- Managing Trunk Diseases in Young and Mature Vineyards - Kendra Baumgartner
- Timely Trunk Renewal - Richard Smart
- Timely Trunk Renewal to Overcome Trunk Disease, Practical Winery & Vineyard – Richard Smart
- Grapevine Trunk Disease - Key points
- A Short History of Red Blotch Disease - Dr. Deborah Golino
Listen to the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.