85: It‘s Time for New Wine Sales Strategies
Paul Mabray, CEO of Emetry is helping wine brands make more effective sales and marketing decisions with data. He finds that wineries focus too heavily on finding new customers when they should put effort into retaining the ones they already have.
The days of COVID-19 have shed a spotlight on the brittle tasting room model. Wineries ask customers to travel to them, sometimes at great distances, outlaying significant costs. It is inefficient and now is the time to bolster online presence. Consumers, familiar with shopping at retailers like Amazon, have a large expectation for online purchases. The wine industry needs to meet or exceed those expectations.
Historically, the wine industry had followed, not lead trends. Today there is no standout winery with an online presence. This creates a huge opportunity for brands to create and to become the next Warby Parker of wine.
- 7/15/20 Strategizing Social Media in 2020 Webinar
- 81: Marketing Wine in a Pandemic | Rob McMillan (podcast)
- 82: Getting to Know Your Wine Customer | Brandy Moody (podcast)
- Chardonnay Trends | Emetry Blog
- Insights for Successful Consumer Wine Sales Videocast
- Deploying Staff when your Tasting Room is Closed | Emetry Blog
- SIP Certified Self-Assessment
- Twitter | Paul Mabray
- US Wine Market: Six Consumer Groups
- Wine Customer Segments and How to Talk SIP with Them
Subscribe on Google Play, iHeartRADIO, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.