66: Vineyard Disease Management
Dan Rodrigues, Owner of VinaQuest has been farming his whole life. Dan oversees pest control, irrigation, replant, development, and investigates problems on winegrapes, blueberries, and avocados grown from Salinas to Northern Santa Barbara. Additionally he is a lecturer at California Polytechnic State University on viticulture practices and vineyard management.
Dan talks about how the loss of materials impacts farming; disease management for mildew, sour rot, and weeds; the effects of a wet winter; and what trends he sees for the future.
- Dan Rodrigues | Dan@vinaquestLLC | 805 459-5514
- Defining and Developing Management Strategies for Sour Rot | Megan Hall, Gregory Loeb, and Wayne Wilcox
- Detection of Fungicide Resistant Mildew |Timothy Miles
- Cal Poly Wine and Viticulture
- Ecological Considerations of Vineyard Development | Dan Rodrigues (Video)
- Ecological Considerations of Vineyard Development | Dan Rodrigues (Slides)
- Fungicide Resistant Mildew | Timothy Miles (Podcast)
- In Defense of Farming | Paul Crout (Podcast)
- New Discoveries about Sour Rot | Megan Hall (Podcast)
- PMapp: A Mobile App for Assessing Powdery Mildew
- The Goldilocks Principle & Powdery Mildew Management | Michelle Moyer (Podcast)
- UC Pest Management Guidelines for Powdery Mildew
- Vineyard Floor Management: Steel in the Field | (Video)
- Vineyard Team
- Vineyard Team Educational Scholarship
Subscribe on Google Play, iHeartRADIO, iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn, or wherever you listen so you never miss an episode on the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.
Learn more at www.vineyardteam.org.