Overview Key Points of the Current Framework:
The five water quality issues addressed in Ag Order 4.0 in RWQCB Region 3:
- Irrigation & Nutrient Management for Groundwater Protection
- Irrigation & Nutrient Management for Surface Water Protection
- Pesticide Management for Surface Water and Groundwater Protection
- Sediment and Erosion Management for Surface Water Protection
- Riparian Habitat Management for Water Quality Protection
Other key points:
- Staff asserts that some elements of the proposal are required to be consistent with the East San Joaquin Order and Non Point Source Policy.
- Staff suggests there could be potential to delay monitoring and reporting based on the risk to water quality of an operation and/or proximity to impaired waterbodies. The specifics of if/how this would work has not been identified and is open for input.
- Staff suggests that there are opportunities to include certifications to deprioritize operations and reduce regulatory reporting for certified operators. The specifics of if/how this would work has not been identified and is open for input.