32: Conserving Irrigation Water
Irrigation is just one of many things on a grower’s mind on any given day. To help growers conserve irrigation water in vineyards, Vineyard Team has launched a project to investigate how growers make decisions to adopt agricultural water BMPs given the competition of other management areas for the same scarce resources. Agricultural consultant Jacob Hernandez of JH Ag Consulting and Craig Macmillan, Technical Program Manager for Vineyard Team, discuss the Agricultural Water BMP Adoption project. Funded by a California Department of Water Resources grant, this research project explores how grape growers think about irrigation to identify ways to encourage water conservation. Get some tips on how to maintain your irrigation system plus learn how to become a part of the project.
- 24: Measuring Water and Nitrogen Use | Paul Crout (Podcast)
- Drip Irrigation System Start Up: Recommended Procedures
- Irrigation BMPs: Creating a Culture of Conservation
- Irrigation Consumer Bill Of Rights | Charles Burt
- Irrigation Training & Research Center (ITRC), California Polytechnic State University
- JH Ag Consulting
Listen to the latest science and research with the Sustainable Winegrowing Podcast. Since 1994, Vineyard Team has been your resource for workshops and field demonstrations, research, and events dedicated to the stewardship of our natural resources.